The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Forum Games and Roleplaying > TNO Archives > RP Archives > New! Halo RPG Series
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

Old The NHRPG Celebrates Its 6th Year - Happy NHRPG Day
Default 06-03-2015
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

The NHRPG is six years old today. It seems like only yesterday I posted a thread about it being five years old. In fact, if you look hard enough, you can find that very thread is still on Page 1 of the NHRPG section.

As is the tradition of every NHRPG day, I plan on revealing several things about my own upcoming work. As some of you know, I have been preemptively working on a sequel for the San Angeles story arc, which I have put in the form of my next STB. As always, I strive to do something neat for every STB I write, and this STB is packed with many new ideas, both in terms of execution, style, and characters.

The biggest idea that sets my next STB apart is the fact that it will incorporate characters that do not creatively belong to me. After some careful planning and coordination with some of you guys, I am happy to say that this idea is proving to not only enrich the story, but also enrich the continuity. The idea to have one central story with multiple characters from multiple sources has greatly enhanced the story telling potential that resides in this STB.

With that said, I have been wrestling with the prospect of revealing the most closely guarded secret of my STB; the identity of The Consultant's new compatriot - her equal - the person who works with her throughout the entire STB to cause no shortage of trouble for ONI, The UNSC, Nighthawk and Anaconda, and even The Trust. Up until the point, I have held this character in all but the strictest confidence, with only a single hint as to who and what he is. However, I feel that now is the time to give it away.

I could post a character sheet...but...I think I can do a little better then that. Please enjoy this complimentary excerpt from my STB - which somewhat explains just who The Consultant has recruited as her partner in crime. AT the very least, the curtain is pulled back JUST a bit...just enough to know who he is, and where he comes from.

Pending final revisions...not a final product...

STB Breaking Point

I hope that gives you guys a pretty good idea of which two characters are eventually going to square off against one another. I hope you enjoyed the read. Feel free to offer some critique if you see fit to do so.

And, of course...

Happy NHRPG Day...

Old
Default 06-03-2015
Hells Sniper
Hells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNO

Hells Sniper is saving the world.

Achievements Three Red LightsElite UserUnion Rep
User Title: Moderator
Credits:

I am so excited to read this! It's going to be so great!

Happy Birthday NHRPG.

Honestly, I've had so much fun with the NHRPG over the years, come to think of it, I think I've been involved for what, five years now? (I just checked, my fifth year registration birthday is in seven days). Holy crap. Five years.

The NHRPG has been a great ride and I've had a lot of fun RPing over the last few years. Crafting the stories and characters has been a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every second along the way. This RPG has really meant a lot to me and you have no idea how many hours I spent fussing over details, or trying add my own, or thinking about my character's next moves. It's been a lot of fun and I am really happy that I have been a part of these past five years. I would also like to say that I think this RPG re-instituted my love for writing, which I have been doing more and more of over the last three years. I owe a lot of that to the RPG, which really got my creativity to flow again. Hell, I'm even thinking about self-publishing soon, so there's that.

And this forum in general has done a lot for me. I cannot tell you the amount of support I have gotten from everyone here, be it from the stupid problems I had when I was fifteen to all your support through the last year and a half and everything you did for me while I was going through the roughest year of my life. And I cannot say how thankful I am that I stayed, being a stupid fifteen year old I'm sure I did a lot of dumb crap, but this was one of the good ones. I am proud of this forum and I am so happy I'm here, able to do all that I love.

I am proud to call every single one of you on here a close friend.

Thank you for having the RPG. Thank you for this forum. Thank you for the last five years. Thank you for everything you all have done for me.

Y'all rock my socks off.

~Sniper

Old
Default 06-03-2015
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

Well, it is you guys that make the NHRPG special. I keep this place going for you guys.

The NHRPG is what got me in touch with my more creative side, when it comes to writing. One could even say that I enjoy writing because the NHRPG nurtured it so well.

Tags
brute, covenant, elite, halo, oni, role play, rpg, unsc