The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Forum Games and Roleplaying > TNO Archives > RP Archives > Mass Effect RPG
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

Navere piloted the sky car towards The Presidium levels, managing to land the sky car in a parking area not far from the embassies. With the sky car now on the ground, Navere and Alex stepped out of the sky car.

The first thing Navere did was look at Alex.

Navere: Which way?

Alex looked around, and then gestured his head.

Alex: This way.

Alex started to walk in the direction of the Human and Turian embassies, though not destined for the embassies.

Alex: We should not be far. We just need to walk past the embassies, cross the bridge to the adjacent walkway...and then enter the apartment complex.

Navere nodded.

Navere: I am curious though...why would you set up a safe house this close to the embassies?

Alex grinned.

Alex: Well, thats simple; it is easier to keep tabs on the galactic pulse. Whatever goes down...it is talked about here first.

Navere gave a nod, fully understanding the reasons.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Orcaid123
Orcaid123 is new to TNO

Orcaid123 is "Use the force,
Harry." - Jean luc
Picard.

Achievements Three Red LightsDuetMan of the Year
User Title: TNO Peasant
Credits:

Meanwhile at the embassies:

As the door closed automaticly after him, he'd briefly look back at the admiral, through the window. Then he began his march to the exit of the embassy.

The corridor was less busy as it had been earlier, with only some busy - looking officers running around with papers. As of sudden, a door on his left opened and out of it came a stressed turian cadet - looking officer and crashed right on Raknarion.

Cadet: Look out-...Whaa!

The cadet fell backwards and landed on his butt, having papers flowing all around. Raknarion had managed to hold his ground, but clearly annoyed.

Raknarion said in a annoyed voice: Watch it, cadet-..I'll have you demoted to a janitor in the slums if that happen again!

The cadet quickly apologized and grabbed his things, jogging away into the embassy. Raknarion had his eyes on the cadet as he jogged off, shaking his head and turns around to the exit.

When he'd exit the embassy, standing in the way that leads to both of the embassies, he'd stop for a minute and have a look around. As his glance scanned the area, he'd eventualy see a familiar sight coming from the direction that he were heading to.

The sight was Navere and an unknown human. Navere was a biotic-using turian, a disgrace for the race whole. When the trio eventaly came face to face, he'd eye Navere for a moment.

Raknarion says in a disgusted tone: And here comes the -filth-, Navere. I thought you were off doing some disgrace full work for the Blue eclipse.

Raknarion simply eyes down the human beside her, growling almost.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Credits:

Alex raises an eyebrow at Raknarion. He then looked over to Navere. He could see that her stance had changed from a passive one to a combative one. Alex could tell by the way that she was standing that she was either going to Raknarion point blank with a vanguard charge, or knock him on his ass with a singularity. Alex stepped between the two before the conflict could get any more heated.

Alex: Navere...relax. We don't need any trouble this close to the embassies.

Navere waited a moment, and the backed down.

Alex then turned to look at Raknarion.

Alex: As for you...I would suggest you be a bit more civil. I would hate for there to be a scene when it can easily be avoided. I suggest you go about your business, and we will do the same.

Alex glared at the Turian in front of him, not allowing such belligerence to go unopposed.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Kairu
Kairu is a TNO userKairu is a TNO user

Kairu is Fuck

Achievements Union RepThree Red LightsAnnoying Protester
User Title: TNO Lover
Credits:

Aboard the Migrant Fleet, Lesan was lying in an infirmary from his experience with the Prothean device. He was lying in one of the beds, Shala next to him looking over a livefeed to her lab. Lesan began to stir a bit, slowly regaining consciousness. Despite his grogginess, his tone was still serious and low.

Lesan: “What happened?”

Shala looked up from the feed, surprised to see the Salarian moving so soon. She set the datapad down on the nightstand next to the bed and then sat forward.

Shala: “We think that your body began rejecting the Prothean data. You managed to somehow activate the device. From there you looked into the device and suddenly collapsed and started to have convulsions.”

Lesan was concerned that something was wrong and out of place. He felt strange, different, than what he felt like days ago, yet he didn't know what, how, or why.

Lesan: “Hmm, interesting.”

Lesan began to try and get his mental activity up again to see if he'd feel normal again.

Shala: “Do you remember anything that you saw?”

Lesan remained still, tilting his head down slightly to get his mind focused. It looked as though he fell asleep and when several quiet minutes passed by, Shala bumped his leg to see if he was still conscious.

Shala: “Valrot, do you remember anything?”

Lesan: “No. I don't remember a thing.”

Shala: “Are you okay?”

Lesan thought about the question and how to answer. He had thought about it momentarily before activating the device. Now that Shala's asking, he wasn't sure what to say. He wanted to be honest, but doing so could mean that he would be isolated from the device and potentially expelled from the Migrant Fleet. If he lied, then he felt as though there was no immediate harm to anyone other than to himself. If the Admiralty Board found out he was lying, then the consequences would be equally disastrous.

Lesan: “I am fine, Shala. I just want to get back to work.”

Shala: “I don't think that's a good idea, Valrot. The device could be dangerous. We have no idea what it did to you. The doctor said that there's nothing physically wrong with you, but I think there's something wrong inside you're mind.”

Lesan: “Are you saying I am mentally unfit, Shala?”

Shala was stunned by Lesan's sudden defensive statement.

Shala: “What? No! That's not what I'm saying! What I'm saying is that you haven't been acting normal since you came here.”

Lesan: “Shala, I lost my squad on Rannoch doing a mission your Admiral's requested help for. I am the only survivor. I don't usually let such things bother me, however, I have known them for quite some time. I lost friends, Shala, to try and get you your intel and to get that Prothean device off the planet.”

Shala looked down out of embarrassment. Fortunately for her, her enviro-suit mask could hide any facial expressions she was making.

Shala: “I'm sorry, Valrot, I guess we're all on edge after what happened.”

Lesan: “I assure you, I am fine. If my medical condition checks out, then I am fit to return to the lab and continue working. With luck, we can get the device working again.”

Shala: “The doctor asked that you stay in bed for a little while longer. The device will still be there when you're cleared to come back.”

Lesan: “You are right, of course. Caution is a better course of action at this point. Very well, Shala, I will stay here until I'm excused.”

Shala: “Thank you, Valrot.”

Shala stood up next to Lesan and grabbed her datapad. She began walking away, stopping at the door and turning to face Lesan.

Shala: “I'm glad you're okay, Valrot.”

Shala walked away, a smile on her hidden face. Lesan remained in the bed and tried to get some more sleep.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Orcaid123
Orcaid123 is new to TNO

Harry." - Jean luc
Picard.

Credits:

Raknarion simply responds to the human, keeping an eye contact with Navere.

Raknarion: A disgrace like her deserves no civil politeness. If it was up for me, I'd send all of your kind, Navere to a labour camp-...But that's fortunately not for me to say. Now, if you'd exuse me. I have important matters to attend to.

Stares into Navere's eyes for a brief moment, before joining his bodyguard whom stayed only a few meters away and observed the brief conversation. They now moved towards the elevator.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

Alex watched at Raknarion walked off. He simply frowned. After a moment, Alex turned to Navere.

Alex: See that Navere? Assholes like that is why "we" exist. That Turian could very well have a prejudices like that towards Humans.

Navere was silent.

Alex: Don't let that prick get to you. Chances are he will get whats coming to him...which I hope will be a swift kick in his ass.

Navere: Believe me...if there is someone who deserves a kick in the ass...it is Raknarion.

Navere scoffed.

Navere: I wished I could have tossed him right over this balcony.

Alex: That would have sparked an unwanted confrontation. We could not afford that. You knew that. It is why you stopped.

Navere nodded.

Alex: I'll tell you what; next time we run into him, feel free to demonstrate the value of Biotics. Give him a first hand demo of what a singularity feels like.

Navere started to laugh as she calmed down. Alex then gestured to her.

Alex: Come on...lets keep going.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

As the nighttime hours began to settle in for the Migrant Fleet, the day's work was beginning to cease. In the labs with the Prothean device, Shala remained in the lab to monitor and study the find. Shala felt that if the device had the potential to harm one of the strongest people she knew, someone built and fashioned for combat and espionage, then the device had potential to do far worse. She remained to ensure that it remained in a contained, controlled, environment.

In the infirmary, Lesan had remained in bed to be further examined, as promised. With night closing in on the fleet, the infirmary staff began to rotate and change shifts, causing Lesan to become unnerved. The lights were soon dimmed so the patients could get some deep sleep.

As the night progressed, Shala remained in the lab, determined to figure out what was so special about the device. Like Lesan, she could feel something happening that caused her mind to feel like it was being displaced. Despite the subtle alterations happening within her mind, sleep slowly began to take hold of Shala. Shala fought to stay awake, only to be pass out from the need to sleep. Shala turned off the light and unfolded a cot near the entrance to the lab.

The door to the lab opened, letting the hallway lighting flood the room. The door slid back close causing the lab to go dark. On the table, the Prothean device re-activated. Where the device rested, arcs of red energy were visible, dimly lighting the room. The sudden color change and disruption woke Shala only to see a shadowy figure standing over her. Shala began to panic, only to meet her fate with a pistol round going through her helmet, where her forehead would be. The flash from the gun lit the room for a second and then the room went back to the red glow. The shadowy figure grabbed the device from the table, condensing it back to it's inactive state and left the lab.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Orcaid123
Orcaid123 is new to TNO

Harry." - Jean luc
Picard.

Credits:

As the elevator opened, revealing a crowded spaceport, filled with all kinds of different species.

Raknarion and his entourage marched through the crowded space port, keeping a keen eye on their surrounding environment. The part of the port they currently were in, was famous for ambushes on armed convoys.

Raknarion spoke in the communicator, hailing his surrounding bodyguards: Be on guard, men. This spot is known for it's ambushes, you never know when filths comes out and spray bullets on you.

It took some minutes before seeing three armed men infront of them, all human and in usual mercenary armour. They took a good look on the Turians, before going off into the crowd, never to be seen again.

The Turians managed to get to the military part of the spaceport without encountering any resistance of some sorts. Raknarion told his men to stay outside and hold guard at the launch bridge from the ship to the port.

Raknarion moved from there to the ship, giving a firm nod at the entrance guard as he went through the scanner. Which had always been a protocol, it would scan you for any diseases you might've carried with you.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

The next morning, the lab was in chaos. The Admiralty Board had arrived upon hearing what was discovered by one of the lab technicians. Uli was the second admiral to arrive on the scene, with Admiral Zaan being the first.

Uli: “Admiral Zaan, what happened?”

Zaan turned to pay attention to Uli. She sounded deeply concerned with what has already been learned.

Zaan: “Admiral Uli, Shala is dead. She was murdered at some point last night.”

Uli: “And the Prothean device?”

Zaan: “It's missing.”

Uli: “I knew that thing was dangerous! Where's Colonel Lesan?”

Zaan: “He's also missing. Initial speculations seem to indicate that he may be the one behind this occurrence.”

Uli: “I would almost bet he is! Having him here was a bad idea! Now we could all be in trouble!”

Zaan: “Don't be so hasty, Admiral Uli. There was a report of an unauthorized fighter launch this morning also. If it is him, he's left the Flotilla.”

Uli brought up his omni-tool and began send some orders.

Uli: “Get security teams aboard the Iktomi! I want this ship searched top to bottom! Every bulkhead! Every junction! We may have been sabotaged!”

Uli's omni-tool disappeared, Zaal still sounding skeptical.

Zaan: “I doubt that's necessary, Admiral.”

Uli: “How can you be so na´ve? We have a dead Quarian, a missing Prothean device, and a runaway STG member! Not to mention the entire Fleet is known to someone who's likely a criminal now and one of our liveships could be in danger! I think it's well within my right to have the ship searched for anything of suspicion!”

A Quarian with his omni-tool out approached the two admirals.

Quarian: “Admirals Zaal and Uli, I think I have something. The cameras in the lab were thoroughly corrupted, but I managed to pull a few seconds out. You may want to look at it.”

The two admirals held out their omni-tools allowing it to sync with the Quarian investigator. The video showed about the ten seconds between the device's activation and Shala's death. The admirals watched it and were pleased with the find, but appalled the witnessed Shala's murder.

Uli: “Hang on.”

Uli rewound the footage to the one second the gun firing lit up the room. The silhouette of the gun's holder was undeniable.

Uli: “Our suspect is Colonel Lesan.”

Zaan: “He took a fighter, and if he still has the device he'll either head back to Salarian space or go on the run. Either way, he's likely left the Veil. We can't afford to leave the system. Admiral Uli, send a message to the Salarian Councilor. Inform her of everything that's happened. I'll supervise the rest of the investigation.”

Uli left the scene, returning to his ship, the Talonata. The ship itself was formerly a derelict Turian carrier. Uli, with the help of several of the best engineers and scientists the Quarians have, managed to retrofit the ship to also serve as the Heavy Fleet's mobile command center, equipped with communication arrays, military information, and consoles to monitor and coordinate the entire fleet. In his office, Uli began transmitting a message to the Salarian Councilor. A hologram of the Councilor appeared in front of Uli.

Uli: “Councilor, I am Admiral Uli'Nich vas Talonata of the Quarian Migrant Fleet. I have news on the STG team you ordered to Rannoch. The team's leader, Colonel Lesan has fled the Migrant Fleet and has likely returned to Council Space.”

Salarian Councilor: “Council Space? Fled? What are you talking about, Admiral Uli?”

Uli: “Colonel Lesan recovered a Prothean artifact on Rannoch when surveying the planet. He returned alone and brought the device with him to be analyzed. Last night, the lab that was being used to study the device was robbed.”

Salarian Councilor: “I assure you, STG members don't succumb to petty criminal acts. If this is some kind of joke I assure you-”

Uli: “Councilor, there's more. Lesan was taken to one of our infirmaries to be treated for seemingly unprovoked full-body convulsions. Prior to that, our lead technician said he managed to activate the device which she believed to have caused Lesan's collapse. Upon investigation, we found a feed of Lesan entering the lab, killing Shala, and stealing the device. We have a ship log that also shows there was an unauthorized fighter launch from the liveship they were on. Since Colonel Lesan has gone missing and is unable to be found within the liveship.”

Salarian Councilor: “This is troubling. Have your people figured out what this device is used for?”

Uli: “Shala reported that the device is likely a communication or storage device, particularly more so a storage device. Councilor, if Colonel Lesan has indeed returned to Council Space, then he should be considered dangerous. He and Shala were close friends and he murdered her in cold blood, in her sleep. I ask that on behalf of the Quarian people, find him and bring him to justice for the Quarian blood he's spilled.”

Salarian: “You're asking for a lot Admiral. I want to send someone else to the Migrant Fleet to analyze and recover the evidence you are using to implicate Colonel Lesan. If it is his doing, then this will be considered as a Salarian Internal Affairs situation. In the meantime, I will give word to the other Councilors to spread word that if they find him, he is to be taken into custody pending evidence. If there isn't any to be found, he will be released.”

Uli: “Thank you, Councilor. Good day.”

The hologram of the Salarian Councilor disappeared, leaving Uli alone in his office.

Old
Default 02-24-2014
Orcaid123
Orcaid123 is new to TNO

Harry." - Jean luc
Picard.

Credits:

As of the second Raknarion arrived at the bridge, the first mate met him.

First mate: Sir. Admiral Zharlis wants to speak with you, in private.

Raknarion pondered for a moment, before answer.

Raknarion: Very well. I'll answer the call in the conference room, I'll hail you when to bring him up,

The first mate saluted and brought up his Amni-tool and began pressing on the orange screen. As Raknarion had entered the conference room, and placed himself on the hailing circle, he motioned the first mate through his own ami-tool to bring the call up. Moments later, Admiral Zharlis appeard on the screen.

Zharlis: Greetings, commander. I've got your new orders right here.

Moments later after the sentence ended, Raknarion receives his new orders on his amni - tool.

Zharlis: I were just informed by the Turian Councillor himself that a certain Salarian with the name of "Colonel Lason Valrot" fled the Migrant fleet, having a prothean device with him. He acted on his own, apparently.

Zharlis paused from a moment, receiving a datapad from the very same cadet which had crashed into him in the embassy.

Zharlis: Your orders will be to wait outside the closest Mass Relay in Citadel space that leads to the Perseus Veil. I've already dispatched the same orders to several other ships, but to each own Mass Relay. The Salarian took only a fighter, so it will not be a possibility to lose in combat.

Zharlis hands the datapad back to the cadet, resuming.

Zharlis: You've got your orders. Dismissed, Commander.

The hologram vanquished in front of Raknarion. He gave himself a firm nod, and returned to the bridge, placing himself beside the pilot.

Raknarion: Pilot. Bring us to these coordinates.

Raknarion brings his amni - tool up, sending the coordinates to the pilot's database.

Pilot: Yes, sir. We'll be there within the hour.

Raknarion: Good. Hail me when we're there.

As he finished the sentence, he turned around and exited the bridge. Heading for his own quarters, located a deck below the bridge.

Tags
brute, covenant, elite, games, halo, oni, reach, role play, rpg, unsc