The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Media Center > Game Discussion
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

View Poll Results: What about Halo 5 bothers you the most?
Evil Cortana 1 33.33%
Jul 'Mdama's death 1 33.33%
Lack of Blue team 0 0%
Other 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old Halo 5 Gaurdians: Redeemable?
Exclamation 01-18-2016
Pessimism Jester
Pessimism Jester is new to TNO
This user has no status.

Achievements Somebody likes me
User Title: TNO Newbie
Credits:

I, unfortunately have not gotten the opportunity to play the newest main halo game, but I have watched a play through of it. The game is absolutely stunning, In fact it is one of the most beautiful games I've seen, but I have some major complaints about the story. My biggest Complaint is about Cortana. It's like she's not even remotely the same person that died in Halo 4. Why is she evil? While I guess there are explanations for why this is happening (Librarian Geass, Possibly she's being impersonated) I'm just super disappointed because I always thought halo was far better than the Synthetics vs organics trope.
Secondly, Blue team didn't get nearly enough screen time. Like??? I was given the inpression that the game was gonna be 50% ossiris and 50% Blue but what we got was more like 80%-20%. I also wish that Thel Vadam had gotten more of a role, but that's just because he's my favorite character.
What really gets my goat is Jul 'Mdama's death. 20 minutes into the game and Osiris just swoops in and unceremoniously dispatches one of the most relatable and patient villains in the series.The game as a whole may be redeemable but I cannot forgive this scene at all.
Despite these things Halo 5 was far from a complete disaster. I really appreciated all the Sunion missons.

Old
Default 01-18-2016
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

First off...welcome to TNO. It is always nice to see a new face.

To be clear, I played Halo 5, and I beat Halo 5. Overall, I liked the game.

Cortana in Halo 5 is not the Cortana we know from previous Halo games. However, if you think about it, this makes sense. You ask..."why is she evil"? The simplest explanation I can give is that she is rampant. Plain and simple, she is nuts. Smart AIs have a life span of 7 years. After 7 years, AIs start to deteriorate because their neural patterns become to dense. To put it another way, they run out of storage space. To solve this, they begin to severe neural links to create "more room" and they severe these links with little to no regrade for what they do. Cortana, by the end of Halo 4, had possibly done so much brain damage to herself, that her perceptions of good and evil were distorted beyond repair. Furthermore, the Cortana that you see in Halo 5 is what was left of her after she confronted the Didact in Halo 4.

I personally liked the focus on Osiris over Blue Team. I felt that Locke and his team needed the spotlight, and they needed to shine. It gave us, the players, the chance to see Humanity from a different perspective, and by distancing us from the Chief, it humanized him, by making him fallible to Human emotion. By taking on the role of Osiris for most of the game, we put the Chief in the role of the Antagonist, and that creates an excellent character arc.

I will admit that Jul 'Mdama was a cop out. He was dispatched like a sucker. Dropped like an old sandwich. Then again, if that scene tells us one thing, it is that Lock and his team are just "that good". Where countless others failed to get Jul...Locke and his team got the job done.

However, the one thing that really stood out to me, was the fact that Sanghelios was too Earth-like and it was too pristine. There was not enough destruction for a planet that was engulfed in civil war.

Tags
brute, covenant, elite, forum rp, games, halo, halo 5, halo forum, halo role play, halo rp, role, role play, rpg, sangheili