The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Forum Games and Roleplaying > TNO Archives > RP Archives > Mass Effect RPG
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

Old Mass Effect RPG - Part 1
Default 02-23-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

This RPG takes place in the year 2183 In The Mass Effect Universe.
(This post is subject to undergo changes as the RP goes on).

==================================================================================
Rules:

1. This RPG will take place in the Mass Effect universe in the year 2183.

2. Useable species include: Human, Turian, Asari, Salarian, Batarian, Volus, Drell, Vorcha, Yahg, Krogan, Quarian, and AIs (Such as the EDI Infiltration Unit).

3. Use of the following races is prohibited: Collector, Prothean, Reaper, Hannar, Elcor, Rachni, Leviathans, and Keepers.

3. Your arsenal of weapons and armor can only be weapons and armor from the Mass Effect franchise. Weapons can be customized to the extent possible in Mass Effect 3.

4. Controlling of other characters to a major degree is prohibited. Exceptions are granted in the event of a pre-planned event between two people.

5. Direct and deliberate interference with the current direction of the RP or the story is prohibited.

6. All Characters must be grounded in the reality of the lore. Soldier classes cannot have access to biotic abilities, while Biotic characters must be limited in the amount of weapons they are proficient with. Physical abilities of characters must also maintain a large degree of grounding in the established lore. Humans are incapable of physically outmatching a Krogan or a Yahg.

7. Try and participate in the story.

8. No overt sexual themes. Affection is fine, but over-the-top sexual themes are not permitted. Let's try and keep it clean.

9. Do not stall the story. Your character will be RPed as necessary to avoid the RPG from being put on hold.

10. Characters must stick to their affiliation, with rare exceptions being granted for plot devices. In general, a Systems Alliance Admiral will not arbitrarily turn coat on his fellow officers and soldiers without a VERY good reason (typically provided by a plot device).

11. Characters who become indoctrinated have VERY little recourse to escape indoctrination. Long term indoctrination is universally accepted as being permanent. SHort term, or mild exposure to indoctrination can be escaped and rehabilitated. As a result of this, Indoctrination CANNOT be forced on other characters without either their consent or the understanding that the situation can be evaded and escaped from.

12. All Character sheets must be your first post in this thread, done in a single post, for reference purposes. Please do this ASAP.

13. If you are unsure about the technical or chronological accuracy of your post or your ideas, please ask the community for input. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

14. Have fun.

==================================================================================

Character Template:

All fields must be filled out or the character will NOT be approved.

Back story must be DETAILED enough to paint a good picture of who we would be dealing with..

Name:
Species:
Height:
Weight:
Physical Build:
Organization / Allegiance:
Ship:
Classification:
Personality:
Backstory:

Any questions about the time line should be checked at the following link.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki

Post your character sheets ONLY, and wait for the first post

Old
Default 02-23-2014
Kairu
Kairu is a TNO userKairu is a TNO user

Kairu is Fuck

Achievements Union RepThree Red LightsAnnoying Protester
User Title: TNO Lover
Credits:

Valrot Lesan
Character Sheet

Uli'Nich vas Talonata
Character Sheet

Faria Axyria
Character Sheet

Old
Default 02-23-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Credits:

Alex Underhill
Character Sheet

Navere Kurana
Character Sheet

Old
Default 02-23-2014
Orcaid123
Orcaid123 is new to TNO

Orcaid123 is "Use the force,
Harry." - Jean luc
Picard.

Achievements Three Red LightsDuetMan of the Year
User Title: TNO Peasant
Credits:

Raknarion Kel'thuz
Character Sheet

Matias Arefjord
Character Sheet

Old
Default 02-23-2014
Hells Sniper
Hells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNO

Hells Sniper is saving the world.

Achievements Three Red LightsElite UserUnion Rep
User Title: Moderator
Credits:

Commander William Gates
Character Sheet

Last edited by Hells Sniper; 03-09-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old
Default 02-23-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

Current Location: Serpant Nebula - Citadel - Citadel Wards - Outside Chora's Den.

Just around the corner from Chora's Den, a man in a slick black suit, carrying no markings, leaned over a balcony, taking in the views of the Citadel Wards, watching the sky cars fly by at what he assumed was breakneck speeds, given their distance from where he was standing.

The man kept to himself, not speaking or talking to any of the people who were passing him by. This was much to the satisfaction of the man, as he had no interest in speaking to anyone who was passing him by. However, given the nature of the area that he was waiting, he was eventually approached by an Asari, who for all intents and purposes, was looking for clientele. The Asari walked next to the man, and leaned on the balcony with him.

Asari Prostitute: Hey there hansom. I have been working these streets all night...and you have not budged an inch. Something tells me you are looking for someone.

The man turned his head to the Asari.

Alex: Whatever I am doing at this moment...it is of no concern to a lady of your...particular occupation.

The Asari grinned.

Asari Prostitute: Perhaps. However...what you COULD be doing IS of concern to someone of my...particular occupation.

The Asari imitated Alex's inflections when she said this.

Alex: I have my choice of the things that I could be doing...and you are not one of them.

Asari Prostitute: I can do things with biotic fields that you could never dream of.

Alex: Tell you what...why don't you go and do those things to that Krogan bouncer at the door of Chora's den over there. I am sure his potency has lowered his standards right into the dirt.

The Asari frowned.

Asari Prostitute: I outta lift you right over this balcony and watch you plummet to your death for that comment.

Alex turned fully to face the Asari. He was going to tell her off again, but he stopped himself. He looked just over the Asari's right shoulder and grinned.

Asari Prostitute: What's so funny?

Alex: Nothing> I am just sure that if you do decide to follow up on that threat...you won't have the time to pull it off.

Asari Prostitute:You want to bet?

Alex: Sure! Why Not? Do your worst. Come on you used up, blue, burlap sack...hit me.

The Asari frowned, as her biotic field began to flare up. As it did, however, the Asari was lifted into the air and tossed right over the balcony. Alex watched the Asari Prostitute fall over the balcony and plummet to her death.

Alex had to laugh, as he turned around again, and was met by a Female Turian this time.

Nevere: You know ALex...one of these days...that approach is going to get you killed.

Navere looked over her shoulder, and shook her head, as she knew that what just happened di not go unnoticed.

Nevere: We need to go...before C-Sec shows up.

Alex: I couldn't agree more.

Navere gestured her head, and bolted off, with Alex in tow. The two bbegan to sprint away from Chroa's den, as they made their way towards a sky car that was parked in an alleyway.

Nevere: Every time I meet with you...something always happens to draw attention. I am surprised our faces are not plastered on every display on the Citadel.

Alex: C-Sec has no shortage of dirty cops looking to take home a few extra creds. That is all it takes to take possession of any police reports and destroy them.

Navere and Alex got into the sky car, with Navere entering the passenger seat. She wasted no time in starting the sky car, and taking off, speeding away and merging with the traffic.

Navere: You know...I just wish that for once...we could meet in a public place under the pretext of a social get-together...bot business.

Alex: I wish I had the time for social get-togethers...period.

Navere didn't respond.

Alex looked over, and raised en eyebrow.

Alex: How are you doing Navere? It is good to see you again. You are looking well.

Navere: I'm doing fine. How about you?

Alex: I am still fighting the good fight.

Navere: Yeah...the "good fight".

Alex: Sarcasm doesn't suit you Navere. Believe me...I am no stranger to what you think of my career choice.

Navere: It's a little too Xenophobic for my tastes.

Alex: True...but we still enjoy each others company none-the-less.

Navere: That is true.

Navere looked over to Alex.

Navere: It is good to see you too, by the way.

Alex grinned and nodded.

Alex: There we go...that's the Navere that I know.

Alex held a grin on his face for a moment, but it began to fade.

Alex: As much as I would enjoy the continued pleasentries Navere...we can't ignore why we are here. The fact is...I needed to see you in regards to a very serious matter. With that said...do you have the intel?

Navere: Yeah...I got it. I still do not understand what you need with STG field reports and various dossiers.

Alex: I heard rumors. That is enough for someone like me to start asking favors, and shelling out the necessary creds and get them.

Alex paused.

Alex: I take it you have not looked at the information I requested, beyond knowing what it is.

Navere: It is typically not my place to poke around in the information that I am delivering.

Navere paused.

Navere: As an information broker for the Shadowbroker...it would be inappropriate for me to ask what the specifics entail.

Alex looked at Navere.

Alex: Well Navere...ask me as a friend. Go on. You know you want to.

Navere: There are a lot of things I want to ask you as a friend Alex...

Alex: I only have time for one Navere.

Navere paused for a moment. SHe considered her options. She then sighed.

Navere: What is in the data that I am delivering to you?

Alex: Hopefully...confirmations of the rumors I have been hearing.

Navere: And...what are those rumors?

Alex: Prothean technology in the Perseus Veil. I want to confirm if STG crossed into the Perseus Veil to salvage Prothean Tech...without the Citadel Council...or anyone else for that matter...knowing.

Navere: Interesting. I guess Cerberus gets a little mad when rival clandestine organizations beat them to the big scores?

Alex: Cerberus does not get mad with its Rivals Navere...we simply one up them.

Navere: Cerberus. After all this time...I still can't believe that YOU...of all people...work for them.

Alex: Me...of all people?

Navere: The one Human that I actually enjoy talking to.

Alex: And sparring with...and training with...and comparing wartime stories with.

Navere: That was in the past...

Alex: Indeed it was.

Alex grinned, and chuckled.

Navere: What's so funny?

Alex: I know you well enough to know that you are JUST as curious about these STG rumors as I am.

Alex paused.

Alex: Navere...all you have to do is ask. I will let you tag along! We can look into it together...sorta like old times.

Navere was silent for a moment.

Navere: Do I really need to ask?

Alex: Not really. You already know what the answer is...so lets save the breath.

Navere gave a shrug and a nod.

Navere: Alright...let's do it. When should we actually take a look at those STTG field reports.

Alex: Shortly. There is one final thing we need to do.

Navere: Yeah? What's that?

Alex: You remember those dossiers you also brought along?

Navere: Yeah?

Alex: We are going to need to make a few stops.

Old
Default 02-23-2014
Orcaid123
Orcaid123 is new to TNO

Orcaid123 is "Use the force,
Harry." - Jean luc
Picard.

Achievements Three Red LightsDuetMan of the Year
User Title: TNO Peasant
Credits:

Meanwhile by the Citadel docks:

The Turian dropship landed on the military - section of the dock in the Citadel, and as it landed, the side doors slided open, revealing five armed Turian military bodyguards and one ugly unarmed Turian cladded in officer clothing.

As of the moment the door opened, the small entourage marched out, having no eyecontact as they went, except from the occasional salute to a fellow Turian. After some minutes they would finally arrive infront of an elevator, the unarmed Turian turned against the closest bodyguard.

Raknarion: Lieutenant, stay here as I take the elevator up to the general. I doubt he'd like an armed force in the office.

The lieutenant salutes Raknarion, giving him a firm nod. The commander continues into the elevator, alone. It took only some mere moments before the elevator opened once again, revealing a corridor that leads to several ways. Each way had a sign on the side, saying which way were to the embassy to each race.

Raknarion follows the one saying "Turian". On his way through the specific corridor, he'd meet alot of Turians, also cladded in officer uniforms. And he knew many of the ones he passed, giving most a firm nod.

When he reached a specific door, having the initials on it "Admiral Zharlis", he'd enter it and immidietly straightens his back and lifts his hand up to his face level, doing a salute towards the Turian male sitting infront of him.

Zharlis: At ease, commander. It is good to see that you're back in one piece, and with the news of the krogan insurgents eliminated as well?

Raknarion answers in a calm voice, though with the hint of pride: Of course, admiral. I executed the operation with out most excellency. No casualties, not even an injury. This will surely show other krogan that insurgancy like this is a waste of energy and time, sir.

Zharlis eyed Raknarion for a second, before saying: This is good to hear, but know that there will always be those who rise up against the authorities. Now, your current orders are to wait in the citadel for further orders.

Before Raknarion could answer, Zharlis interrupts him, saying.

Zharlis: Commander, you're dismissed for now.

At the end of the sentence Zharlis moved his gaze to the computer beside him, starting to write in it. Raknarion saluted once more, and turned around towards the entrance.

Old
Default 02-23-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

Perseus Veil - Migrant Fleet - Quarian Liveship: Barlo

Scientist: "This is quite remarkable! Initial studies lead us to believe it is based off of Prothean technology. You can tell with the shape and structure, however, there is something we can't quite determine that makes it seem like we're wrong."

The female Quarian scientist had their omni-tool in use as it projected a holographic image of the device many decks below the feet of himself as well as everyone else in the large open room. Before the scientist was the Quarian Admiralty Board, the 'leaders' of the Migrant Fleet and commanding authority of a particular fleet. Around the room were dozens of Quarians watching the preceding take place. Also in the group, standing in the crowd, directly behind the scientist was a Salarian. Like everyone else in the room, he was equally interested in the device his team found. An admiral then spoke up asking the scientist another question.

Zaan'Orzh vas Iktomi: "Shala, what exactly does this artifact do?"

The womanly voice from the Admiral was curious, however, she didn't let it get the best of her. Zaan sat at the far right end of the table of five when facing the Board.

Shala'Koris vas Iktomi: "I honestly couldn't tell you, Admirals. It could be a VI program of some kind or a storage device of sorts. We'll need to keep working to find out."

The admiral next to Zaan leaned forward, his voice of great concern.

Uli'Nich vas Talonata: "Is it dangerous?"

Shala: "We do not believe so. Our tests so far has shown the device to be non-operational and not emitting any form of radiation or waves that we are able to monitor. We will keep examining it to see if we can't figure out the purpose of the device."

On the far left, another female Quarian spoke.

Aela'Xera vas Defrahnz: "Do so because I have a bad feeling about this. Introducing new technology unknown in purpose to a liveship is dangerous. If this turns out to be some sort of bomb or weapon, we could be compromising the ship and even the fleet."

Shala: "I assure you, Admiral Aela, that this is not dangerous at all. The Protheans would never leave behind something that would cause us to harm ourselves."

Aela: "Don't be so sure, Shala. I would argue that the mass relays have brought more harm than good in the galaxy as well as any of their knowledge being used to create new weapons."

Uli: "You're overreacting, Admiral Aela. The weapons are necessary for everyone to survive as well as the mass relays. We may choose to keep ourselves out of the galactic picture, but if we had a chance to use Prothean tech to increase the lethality of the Flotilla, then we stand a better chance at beating the Geth and taking back the Homeworld."

Aela: "Quit being so aggressive, Uli, it'll get all of us killed one day."

The admiral next to Aela held his both of his hands up to either side of him as though to hush everyone.

Dani'Bekk vas Cyniad: "Both of you, quiet. You can argue this in your own time. We need to stay focused on the issue at hand. Shala, you're 100% sure that this artifact isn't dangerous?"

Shala: "Yes Admiral, I am."

Dani: "Then you may resume your work with Colonel Lesan in the labs."

The Admirals on the board looked at Lesan who was standing behind Shala.

Dani: "Colonel Lesan, you're welcomed to stay with us for as long as needed, however, if you wish to contact your superiors we ask that you respect our choice of keeping our location secret. If or when Shala is able to ascertain the nature of the device, you will have a say in the matter of what happens to it."

Lesan had stepped forward and bowed politely to accept the word of the Admiralty Board.

Dani: "If there is nothing else... this meeting is dismissed."

The crowd of Quarians dispersed, roughly a third of the crowd leaving the large room. The Admirals got up from their respective seats and left the room. Shala stepped down from her stand and met with Lesan. Together, they were silent as they returned to Shala's lab.

Old
Default 02-23-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

Navere looked at Alex with a curious look.

Alex: Eyes forward Navere.

Navere started to look forward again.

Navere: A few stops? Where are we stopping?

Alex: Well...for starters...The Presidium.

Navere: Why?

Alex: I need to check out what is currently know by several of the other major players in the Galaxy. Cerberus did express concern that it could be possible that The Turians, The Asari, or even The Citadel council may be aware of the same rumors that Cerberus is.

Navere: How would this change things?

Alex: Cerberus wants to avoid any possible interference during this Assignment.

Navere: I see. You are making sure the playing field is clear?

Alex: Exactly.

Navere: You know...I may be able to help you with this. If you can get me an encrypted extranet connection...I might be able to see what The Shadow Broker has. It might save us quite a bit of trouble.

Alex: Well...I do have a safe house on The Presidium levels that is equipped with a Cerberus uplink. Would that be sufficiant?

Navere: That is more than I need. I should be able to work with that.

Navere paused.

Navere: So I am guessing take us up to the Presidium levels?

Alex: Might as well.

Navere: Where exactly will we be going?

Alex: The safe house I have is located in an apartment complex across from the Human and Turian embassies. Get us close to there, and I can walk us the rest of the way there.

Navere: Alright...should be easy enough.

Navere adjusted the heading of the sky car, as it was now heading in the direction of the Presidium.

Navere: We should be there in no time at all.

Old
Default 02-23-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

Shala and Lesan entered the dingy lab that was being used to study the Prothean artifact. About six other Quarians were there working to figure out the mystery behind the device. Two of the Quarians were physically analyzing the device, taking notes while the rest were going over figures and data on various terminals that were observing and taking measurements. As soon as the lab doors opened, Shala began asking questions.

Shala: "Has there been any progress?"

One of the Quarians taking physical observations looked up from her datapad. She set it down on a table behind her and approached Shala and Lesan.

Quarian: "We believe it is some sort of storage device. We're not sure what exactly it contains, but we feel that with its durable casing, reported shape and size of previous Prothean discoveries of a similar nature, we may have found out what its function is."

Lesan walked in past the Quarian and to the device. Something, for a reason unknown to him, was luring him to the device. As the first Quarian was rattling out ideas, theories and speculation, the other lab technicians that were working began to stare at Lesan. Lesan kneeled, getting eye-level with the device. He felt a sense familiarity with the equipment. He's spent the last few days around the device and he felt a compelled to know the secrets of the device. Lesan continued to stare at the device when Shala took notice of Lesan's sudden curiosity. The muttering technician's speech faded off as Lesan became the sole focus of the room.

Lesan: "A storage device you say?"

Lesan brought his hands up to the device, taking a pause between his two sentences.

Lesan: "Let's see here..."

As Lesan's hand got closer to the device, the artifact began to light up and glow. Everyone in the room was perplexed at the discovery, most of them beginning to ferverently taking more notes and checking readouts. Lesan's hand touched the device and an interface appeared. The interface appeared to be a sort of keypad consisting of various symbols unknown to anyone in the room. As though he subconsciously knew the secrets, Lesan began to confidently pressing buttons before interrupted by Shala.

Shala: "Valrot, stop! We don't know enough about this to begin accessing it! We need to make observations first!"

Lesan's tone had changed to a lower, serious one instead of his usual higher, fast-paced tone.

Lesan: "What's wrong? You told the Admirals that this thing is 100% safe. Were you wrong?"

Shala: "Honestly? It's quite possible! We have no idea what's stored on there!"

Shala was trying to usher caution to Lesan, however, it was becoming more and more futile. Lesan finished inputting a sequence and a layer around the device opened, revealing a sort of viewing oculus. Lesan brought his eye close to the glass eyepiece. Several moments passed as though time itself stopped. No one moved so much as an inch. The general stasis broke when Lesan began to have a seizure. The lab techs quickly responded to help assist Lesan. Shala instead went for the artifact which began to close itself back up. The device re-sealed itself and remained motionless as though Lesan had never touched it to begin with.

Quarian: "Get a medical team down here!"

Lesan continued with the seizures as Shala's dumbfoundedness rubbed off and she called for a medical team. Within a minute, Lesan's body stopped seizing and went limp. A medical team as well as Uli'Nich arrived about another minute and a half later and took Lesan to the closest infirmary, leaving the lab workers with the Admiral.

Uli: "What happened?"

Shala: "I don't know. We came back and he seemed like he was in a trance. He approached the device and it's almost like something took control of him. I warned him to stop and that we don't know what the device is used for, urging for a more cautious approach. He apparently ignored me and opened the device."

Uli: "He opened the device?"

Shala: "Yes Sir."

Uli: "Then what?"

Shala: "Everything was still as he looked into the device and after what felt like minutes, he collapsed and his body began to shake."

Uli: "I thought you said this thing was safe!"

Shala: "It is! We believe it to be some sort of storage device. It's possible that this device is tailored towards Prothean physiology and this is his body rejecting whatever he saw."

Uli: "Find out! If you can't, that device and the Salarian will be forced to leave."

Shala: "Yes Sir."

Uli'Nich left the room in anger, leaving the Quarians back to square one.

Tags
brute, covenant, elite, games, halo, oni, reach, role play, rpg, unsc