The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Welcome to TNO > TNO News and Updates
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

Old TNO Re-Branding - Time For A Change
Default 06-20-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

Alright everyone, as of late, I have given serious consideration to the total re-branding of TNO in terms of what we do and what niche we fill. I am sure most of you have noticed that our total number of active users have fallen and we are not getting any new users. Even some of our long-time users have stopped coming around and/or their activity has all but fallen to near obscurity. As a result of this, I feel that it is now time to re-brand TNO and change our direction.

So, what exactly does this mean for the future?

Well...for starters, I want to take TNO full throttle into becoming a full gaming community, which caters, first and foremost, to gaming. I plan on turning TNO into a forum for gamers, streamers, reviewers, and general video game enthusiasts who want a place to showcase their interest in gaming. In other words...I plan on catering to, and attracting users, who do the following in terms of video games and gaming culture:
  • Twitch streams
  • Youtube videos
  • Reviews and Opinion pieces
  • Gaming news and gaming culture
Our new direction will help us expand our user base and potential users by catering to a wider audience.

Let me be clear about one thing - TNO will continue to be a home for things like the NHRPG and all of our CURRENT content (our wiki, STBs, etc) but they will no longer be the main focus and driving content of TNO. As much as it pains me to say this - this content is just not dynamic and constant enough to bring us any new users. Hopefully, all of the new content will be varied and numerous enough to bring in new people, who will find the NHRPG and our other RPs and join them as they get used to the community.

So what has to be done?

A lot has to be done. There is a lot of work ahead of me in order to get the ball rolling on these new changes. We are defiantly going to need the following:
  • Users with Twitch or YouTube channels
  • People to join/like the Facebook page (which I will create)
  • People to join/like the Google+ group (which I will make)
  • Removing / merging / deleting threads and forum sections that are no longer needed.
  • Exposure
Obviously, I will be willing to partner / network with people. People who have twitch streams / YouTube channels who contribute to TNO will be given the green light to use TNO as a place to advertise their content for others to see. So, there is a mutual gain in all of this.

There is a lot of work that has to be done to make this all happen, but hopefully, we can build something great with all of this. Of course, I am always open to ideas on how to implement all of this and, of course, if you know anyone who would be interested in participating and helping, please, get them in touch with me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Old
Default 06-21-2014
cubanpete24
cubanpete24 is a TNO treasurecubanpete24 is a TNO treasurecubanpete24 is a TNO treasurecubanpete24 is a TNO treasurecubanpete24 is a TNO treasurecubanpete24 is a TNO treasurecubanpete24 is a TNO treasure

cubanpete24 is stroking his ego

Achievements Three Red LightsScratch Your BackMr. Popular
User Title: NHRPG Creator
Credits:

I am 100% with this

Old
Default 06-23-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Credits:

Hey everyone...I need some ideas for a tag line.

Our current tagline is "Home of the New Halo RPG". Obviously...this won't work anymore. We need something that is about gaming. Please, if you have ideas...post them here.

I have been thinking...and I have come up with a few ideas.

"The Gamer's Hub"
"Game On"
"Gaming is Living"
"Where Games Matter"
"The Gamers Republic"
"Gaming, Streaming, Winning"
"Streams - Games - News"
"Fanboy Haven"
"World of Gaming"

My personal favorite is "Streams - Games - News". If you like any of my ideas, let me know. If you wanna refine one of my ideas, feel free to.

Old
Default 06-23-2014
Hells Sniper
Hells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNO

Hells Sniper is saving the world.

Achievements Three Red LightsElite UserUnion Rep
User Title: Moderator
Credits:

I like "Streams - Games - News" the best right now.

Although a better order could be "Games - Streams - News" I think Games should be first.

Old
Default 06-23-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

Right...I think that makes more sense Sniper.

Old
Default 06-23-2014
Archerboy106
Archerboy106 is a TNO user

Archerboy106 is playing some Halo

Achievements Three Red LightsDuetRegistered Voter
User Title: TNO Addict
Credits:

I agree with Brandyn. Simple and clean cut as to what the site will be about.

Also, I really like the idea of taking a progressive turn and reaching some new groups. As always, it has been great to be part of this community and can't wait to see where it goes.

Tags
brute, covenant, elite, games, halo, oni, role play, rpg, unsc