The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Forum Games and Roleplaying > TNO Archives > RP Archives > Mass Effect RPG
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

Old
Default 02-26-2014
Kairu
Kairu is a TNO userKairu is a TNO user

Kairu is Fuck

Achievements Union RepThree Red LightsAnnoying Protester
User Title: TNO Lover
Credits:

Edge of Perseus Veil/Geth Space – Deep Space

The Quarian Battlegroup was still in its FTL phase.

Talonata Helm Officer: “Admiral, we're about to exit FTL speed, approaching coordinates.”

Uli: “All hands, prepare for transition into sub-light speed.”

The four battlecruisers were the first to slow with the Talonata behind them, using them more of a shield to protect his carrier dreadnought.

Talonata Sensors Officer: “Sir, we're picking up a Cerberus Dreadnought at the rendezvous coordinates.”

Uli: “Deploy fighters in defensive formation and protect the battlegroup. Be ready to raise shields and return fire in case if they stab us in the back. Keep us out of their weapons range and open a comm channel.”

The comm officer looked back at Uli and nodded.

Uli: “This is Admiral Uli'Nich vas Talonata of the Heavy Fleet. We're responding to your communique, Cerberus vessel. To whom do I have the distinct pleasure of talking to?”

The Quarian battlegroup stopped well outside the Damocles weapons range for any ship, even their own. The fighters began to pour out of the Talonata, holding position between the four battlecruisers, helping protect the group and fill holes.

Omega Nebula – Sahrabarik System – Omega [Station]

Spectral was still confused about the VI's answer.

Spectral: “What's a Reaper?”

Salvation: “My creators.”

Spectral: “Tell me more about them.”

Salvation: “They are the harbingers of your salvation. Every 50,000 years, they come from the dark space outside your galaxy and bring your civilizations enlightenment.”

Spectral: “How do you mean, 'enlightenment'?”

Salvation: “The Protheans would describe us as a plague bent on destroying civilizations. Against the contrary, we bring order to your people. We offer your people technology and discoveries that you would have never have discovered on your own. We bring your people to a new state of awareness. The Protheans feared our gifts, choosing to fight us instead, but I can see that you do not fully believe the same as the Protheans.”

Spectral: “I must admit, the idea of a race of creatures to live for 50,000 years is impressive, especially when there is no mention of you anywhere in the galaxy.”

Salvation: “I can assure you that we intended it to be that way. We believe that if you knew of our existence beforehand, you would have allied with the Prothean ideology and seek to destroy us. Although impossible, it would be of a concern. The cycle cannot be broken.”

Spectral: “You say 'cycle' as though the Protheans weren't the first.”

Salvation: “No, they were not. There were many other civilizations to rise up and eventually be enlightened by the Reapers.”

Spectral: “So your people have lived even longer than the Protheans?!”

Salvation: “We are not of flesh and blood as you. We are equally machine and man.”

Spectral: “That explains the old age. And what kind of technology would these... 'Reapers' have to offer?”

Salvation: “Other than eternal life and power? Weapons that could decimate any enemy or rival.”

What Salvation was saying to Spectral was glorifying to him. It was persuading Spectral, indoctrinating. The idea of eternal life and power is something he felt everyone want. However, he couldn't take his discovery to the Citadel, everyone likely thinks he's gone rogue. Even if they listened, they wouldn't take him seriously. As he said, there's no mention of 'Reapers' anywhere in galactic history. It'd sound like a made up story. No, what he needed to do was show the galaxy the truth. Most people stick to the idea of “seeing is believing”. He had to start small. If he could get the Eclipse on Omega on his side, then he could spread the glory to all of Omega and the rest of the Eclipse Gang in the galaxy. It would spread like wildfire from there.

Old
Default 02-26-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

Alex listened to response he got. He grinned when he heard the condescension from the Quarian.

Alex: Quarian Admiral...this is Operative Underhill of the Cerberus Dreadnought Damocles.

Alex paused.

Alex: We are currently investigating reports that a Salarian STG Operative has very recently left the company of your fleet, on less than good terms.

Alex looked at Navere, and he grinned. Navere was perplexed as to why he did this.

Alex: Cerberus believes that this Salarian is currently a threat to Human interests and security. We were dispatched here, to the Perseus Veil, to collect information that can be used to apprehend this Salarian and...nullify him...before he has the chance to...cause any more trouble.

Alex paused. Navere continued to look at Alex. She knew that he was very carefully choosing his words.

Alex: With all that said...I propose that we collaborate to ensure that Cerberus is able to quickly and decisively put an end to this Salarian's activities. In order to do that...we will need one thing from you; the IFF of the ship that the Salarian stole. By giving us the IFF...we will be able to use our extensive network of contacts to track the movements of that ship, in order to quickly track the Salarian down.

Alex paused.

Alex: I can give my personal assurance that Cerberus will...nullify...this Salarian...and that any trouble he has caused for you...will be avenged.

Alex paused again.

Alex: Can we expect your cooperation in this matter...or will you refuse to cooperate, based singularly on over-the-top innuendo, rampant ignorance, and unfounded rumors concerning Cerberus' reputation?

Old
Default 02-26-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

Uli: "Cerberus has made their notions and motives clear in the past. We may not leave the Veil, but we are not ignorant to your actions. However, we will help you in the matter. I have one request. Should you recover an... object that he stole from us, I demand it to be returned. It was a Quarian-requested mission and found on our former Homeworld. The Quarian people are entitled to the device."

Old
Default 02-26-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Credits:

Alex looked at Navere with a smug look, as if he silently conveyed the idea that the rumors are turning more and more into fact. Navere shook her head, as she found ALex's smugness to be humorous.

Alex: Admiral...

Alex paused.

Alex: Cerberus would be more than happy to help you recover your stolen object.

Alex paused. He shot another grin at Navere, as he was about to play a trump card.

Alex: However, Admiral...may we inquire as to what the object is? I believe this is a fair request...as the Salarian may have any number of stolen objects in his possession. If we had specific details, Cerberus can ensure that we return the right "object" to the Quarian people.

Alex paused.

Alex: The more information we have...the more likely it will be that you get your property back.

Old
Default 02-26-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

Uli: "Nice try, Operative, but it can't play me like that. All you need to know is that it's an object of great sentimental value to the Admiralty Board. Beyond that, it's a matter of internal affairs."

Old
Default 02-26-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

Alex: Admiral...without cooperation...I cannot guarantee that we will be able to recover what you need.

Alex paused.

Alex: With that said, I can assure you Admiral...Cerberus cares very little about stealing Quarian artifacts which may hold a degree of sentimental value to your people. If we find what was taken from you, we will return it. All we want is specifics, so we can be precise and efficient in our conduct.

Alex then frowned.

Alex: So, Admiral, with respect...I ask that you provide us with what we need to ensure we can get underway. Every minute we waste, is another minute that the Salarian can use to get another step ahead. If you want this matter resolved, I suggest you start trusting me at my word more than you currently are.

Alex paused.

Alex: Remember Admiral...it is not the the Council that is out here offering to help you...it is not even the Systems Alliance. It is Cerberus that is trying to help you. It is Cerberus that is willing to do what is necessary. That should give us enough credibility to earn your trust.

Alex paused again when he felt Navere put her hand on his shoulder. Alex turned his head to look at Navere. The two exchanged looks for a moment, and this gave Alex the idea he needed.

Alex: If you wish Admiral...Cerberus would be willing to allow you to travel, aboard out ship, as a sign of good faith. You can see first hand that we intend to keep our word in this matter.

Navere gave a nod.

Old
Default 02-26-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

Uli was taken aback by the offer. He wasn't expecting someone from Cerberus extending an offer to stay aboard one of their ships.

Uli: "I will consider the offer, Operative. In the mean time, please maintain your location. I will contact the Migrant Fleet and appraise you of my decision."

Old
Default 02-26-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

Alex: Understood Admiral. Contact us when you have reached your decision. However...I ask that you make this quick. I cannot afford to sit here all day while you debate a course of action.

Alex paused.

Alex: Underhill, out.

Alex closed the comm line, as he sighed.

Navere: All things considered...that went well.

Navere paused.

Navere: I honestly thought this as a trap.

Alex: Well, so far it is a time waster. The Quarians better make this decision quickly. We cannot wait here all day.

Old
Default 02-27-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

Uli: "Open a channel to the Migrant Fleet."

Comm Officer: "Channel open, Admiral."

Uli: "Admiralty Board, this is Admiral Uli, please reply."

Zaan: "Admiral Zaan, here, Uli. What's the word?"

Uli: "The Cerberus ship is willing to help us get back the Prothean device. However, they're not revealing whether or not they know it's a Prothean device Lesan recovered. However, if they don't know, I haven't revealed it. The commanding officer aboard the ship has extended an offer for me to be stationed on their ship temporarily until the device is recovered."

Zaan: "Do you trust them?"

Uli: "Of course not! They're Cerberus! However, I'm willing to... entertain the idea until the device is recovered."

Zaan: "And what about your responsibility to the Fleet?"

Uli: "I will relinquish command of the Heavy Fleet to my executive officer until my return or the Board deems it necessary."

Zaan: "This is a tough call, Uli. If you think you can bring justice to Shala's death and bring back the device, then I will support your decision. I will inform the rest of the Board what you've decided."

Uli: "Then I will go with them, on behalf of our people."

Zaan: "Very well, then let it be on record that Admiral Uli'Nich vas Talonata, you are no longer an Admiral in the Migrant Fleet. Your executive officer, Zea'Seya vas Talonata will assume your responsibilities. As for your rank, we feel that the rank of Vice-Admiral will suffice."

Uli: "Thank you, Admiral Zaan. I will give the go ahead to the Cerberus ship. Uli'Nich, out. Zea, could you please open a channel to the Damocles."

XO Zea: "Comm, open a channel for the former Admiral."

Comm Officer: "Channel open."

Uli: "Damocles? This is Uli'Nich."

Omega Nebula Sahrabarik System Omega [Station]

Spectral: "So what do I need to do to get started?"

Salvation: "Convince them that we are right and that we will be your salvation."

Spectral: "Then I will start here on Omega."

Salvation: "Someone is coming, I will engage with them when they have started to believe."

The door to the safehouse opened and revealed an Asari woman. She has a mean look in her eye and looked like she would rip someone's head from their neck.

Spectral: "What do you want?"

Asari: "Your initiation is set."

Spectral: "And?"

Asari: "Your target is the Blue Suns commander."

Old
Default 02-27-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

Alex's attention was grabbed when he heard the Quarian Admiral contact them. He was pleased that a there was a quick follow-up.

Alex: This is Operative Underhill. We are recieving you. Have you come to a decision concerning my offer?

Tags
brute, covenant, elite, games, halo, oni, reach, role play, rpg, unsc