The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Forum Games and Roleplaying > TNO Archives > RP Archives > New! Halo RPG Series
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Hells Sniper
Hells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNO

Hells Sniper is saving the world.

Achievements Three Red LightsElite UserUnion Rep
User Title: Moderator
Credits:

Harrison shook his head, he knew that Jacob was, in all sense of the word, a traitor and he had accepted that. But what he wanted to know was why Jacob did it all, what he wanted to know was why Jacob turned on them, now, only to come back to them again. He knew Jacob was going to die, that no amount of talking could save him, but he also knew there was a reason.

Harrison: I never said Jacob was anything but a traitor. I have agreed with all of you on this, every time you have mentioned it. Just because I've known him the longest does not mean I can disregard the facts.

Harrison stopped and as he did, so did everyone else. He looked at Frost and Cameron.

Harrison: I want to get this straight, I do not think Jacob should get special treatment right now. Nor have I thought that. But not talking to him, not trying to get something out of him, not trying to figure out why he did what he did, that is a mistake. My willingness to do that does not mean that I am willing to let his crimes slide. Just because Nighthawk claims that the sole reason for me wanting to talk to Jacob is because I am upset about him, does not make it true.

Harrison shook his head as he started to walk again.

Harrison: It also why I am not letting Nighthawk slide. Since I learned about the Trust, I have done a lot of digging and I know that they are not just one ship, Captain. I am aware, to the best of my abilities, of what the Trust can do. But saying that every single one of their victims, including the marines and civilians that they have slaughtered, are part of the Trust? I'm sorry but I can't believe that, Captain.

Harrison paused as he collected his thoughts, one name came to mind.

Harrison: If what you are suggesting is true, Captain, then ONI is filled with Trust associates. You're telling me that Director Kapsky was actually part of the Trust? A man who, for all intents and purposes, was ONI's best hope and was murdered by Nighthawk. Harrison paused, he knew that Frost and Cameron would wonder how he knew that. Even I am privy to ONI information when it involves something of that magnitude, Captain. Even the ONI brass can see something like this affects everyone, I only hoped you would too.

Harrison paused as they approached the corridors.

Harrison: I'm setting aside personal feelings for Jacob, I'm looking at the facts and accepting what he did. I would suggest you both do the same.

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

Jennifer paused for a moment, before finally nodding. She had to admit that Harrison was either being 100% fair with his judgements or he was expert liar. Either way, Jennifer knew that she should give up on this conversation, as it was literally at a stalemate.

Jennifer: I assure you that nobody who was under my command is going to have problems with their personal feelings for Nighthawk and Anaconda, seeing as those feelings don't really exist to begin with.

Jennifer paused.

Jennifer: As long as your judgement is not impaired when dealing with Jacob, and that Jacob receives the SAME judgement as Nighthawk would...I can call that fair.

Jennifer paused, as she looked past Harrison, and right at Cameron.,

Jennifer: Cameron...please show the Admiral to the Brig so he may collect Captain Sharpmen. There are a few medical responsibilities I must see to before leaving The King Raven. It is very important that I see to this right away. I will not be long. If you will excuse me...

Jennifer gave a nod, as she turned, and walked forward, down the corridor, with a hurried pace. Cameron, on the other hand, stepped to the front of the group, as he looked at Harrison, and gave a nod.

Cameron: If you will come with me, Admiral...I can show you the rest of the way to where Jacob is being held.

As Cameron said this, he led Harrison into the corridors, and towards a nearby elevator, which he wasted no time in summoning.

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Hells Sniper
Hells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNOHells Sniper is well known to TNO

Credits:

Harrison noted Frost's willingness to cooperate, although he still didn't trust her completely due to her, inclination towards Nighthawk, he was willing to work with her to finish what needed to be done. Harrison wanted, more than anything, to end this battle and come out on the winning side. Humanity needed a win and he was going to deliver it.

Harrison and the rest of Strike Team Diamond followed Cameron towards the elevator. When it was summoned, Harrison turned to Diamond.

Harrison: Ice, Snyder, you two are with me. The rest of you, return to the pelican and prep for takeoff.

Madison, Mason, and Kader nodded as they took their position near the elevator. Harrison and the others then entered the elevator, waiting for Cameron to hit the button for the brig.

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Credits:

Cameron watched as Harrison, Ice and Synder took their places in the elevator. Once they were situated, Cameron looked at the wall-mounted control panel, and pressed the number 12. Once he did this, the doors to the elevator closed, the the elevator began to move downwards. Cameron remained silent, as the elevator moved to its destination. Once the elevator had reached deck 12, it stopped, the doors opened. Cameron immediately took point, and led Harrison to the holing cells. As soon as Cameron wal;ked into the holding area, the Warden looked up at the Spartan.

Warden: I assume that you are here for Captain Sharpmen?

Cameron: Correct.

Warden: I figured as much. I already buzzed Commander Burke through. He should be waiting for you behind those doors. As I told the Commander, Captain Sharpmen is in holding cell 12.

Cameron nodded, as he turned and walked towards the large doors that lead to the holding area. A light above the door turned green, and a buzzing noise came from the door, signifying that it was unlocked. Cameron proceeded through the doors, and was almost immediately greeted by Burke, who was waiting with several Marines. Burke looked at Cameron, and nodded.

Burke: Spartan...

Burke then nodded at Harrison.

Burke: Admiral...

Burke paused.

Burke: Now that you have arrived, I believe we are ready to move the prisoner. This way, please.

Burke began to walked down a long corridor that was lined with holding cells. Each holding cell was no more than 8x10 feet, and protected by a single heavy iron door. Burke eventually stopped when he reached cell 12. As stood silently for a few moments before finally speaking up.

Burke: Captain Sharpmen is in here. From this point out...he is all yours.

Burke looked at a control panel that was mounted next to the door. He placed his hand on the panel, allowing his hand to be scanned. Once the scan returned positive, the cell door unlocked.

Burke: Cameron...you first...

Cameron nodded, as he stepped forward, and opened the door, stepping into the cell, if only as a show of force.

Meanwhile:

After Jennifer had left the company of Admiral Harrison and the others, she had made a detour around the ship, and made her way down to the main cargo bay. As Jennifer stepped into the silent Cargo Bay, she looked around, eventually catching sight of the spare slipspace core that was sitting in the back of the cargo bay, behind the large storage crates and other assorted boxes.

As Jennifer stepped towards the slipspace core, she raised her hand to her ear, and pressed the button on her headset.

Jennifer: King Raven...recognize voice pattern - Frost, Jennifer M...executive officer...authorization code JF-Tango-8339-Lambda...

King Raven: Voice pattern recognized...authorization confirmed. King Raven...standing by...

Jennifer: Open a secured channel, and route the transmission through the ONI redundant transceiver array. Assign a static communications frequency of 12.4 THz...and direct the message to any transceiver array, in range, that is capable of intercepting this frequency.

King Raven:Channel open...

Jennifer waited a moment before speaking.

Jennifer: Nighthawk...do you copy?

Jennifer waited a moment, as she began to pace back and forth in front of the spare slipspace core. Eventually, she got an answer, as she heard Nighthawk's voice come through her headset.

Nighthawk: Jennifer?

Jennifer grinned.

Jennifer: Nighthawk...I am in the cargo bay, and I am looking at the Slipspace Core.

Nighthawk: Excellent...excellent. I assume that the slip space core is still sitting on the service lift?

Jennifer: Yes, it is.

Nighthawk: Good. I need you to lower the lift for me, and then seal it up the shaft after the core has gone down. Once the shaft is air tight, I need you to eject the spare core from the ship, so I can collect it.

Nighthawk paused.

Nighthawk: Just as a reminder; be sure to run a quick diagnostic on the attached equalization thrust assembly. The last thing I need is for the equalization thrusters not to fire, and that core fly off somewhere into deep space, never to be seen again.

Jennifer sighed. Before doing any of this, however, she asked a question that was burning in her head.

Jennifer: I need to know what you have planned. Why do you need a slip space core?

Nighthawk was silent for a moment.

Nighthawk: HAWK has proposed that a weapon of last resort be assembled in case we are unable to stop Vanguard, The Trust, or The Covenant.

Jennifer: A weapon of last resort?|

Nighthawk: When I say that, it means...a weapon of mass destruction...capable of destroying this entire planet. HAWK has proposed a viable means of using a slipspace core to, what can be best described as moving San Angeles into the slip space in order to phase the planet out of our known reality into a theoretical oblivion...instantly destroying the planet and everything on it...including Vanguard.

Jennifer's jaw dropped a bit, as it took her a minute to process what had been said.

Jennifer: Jesus Christ...

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Hells Sniper

Credits:

Jacob was sitting in the holding cell, staring at the wall. He had been in there for several hours, after the medics had worked on his wounds, but he was still hurting. Jacob heard the others outside the door and when the door opened he heard heavy footsteps.

Jacob peered over and saw Cameron standing in his cell, a foot taller than him. Jacob shook his head as he stood upwards, groaning a bit as he did, he still had a few cracked ribs and other injuries that needed time to heal.

Jacob: Cameron.

Jacob nodded as he said his name, he took one step forward and waited for instructions.

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Naked Crook

Credits:

Cameron simply looked at Jacob, as he reached onto his back and drew his Assault Rifle. As Cameron held the gun in his hands, he disengaged the safety, and simply stared at Jacob, as if waiting.

However, Cameron did not hjave to wait long, as the next person to enter the holding cell was Burke. As Burk walked in, he kept his hands behind his back. He glared at Jacob for a moment, before speaking.

Burke: Don't get too excited, "Captain"...

Burke paused.

Burke: The only reason we are here is because we are relocating you. The original plan was to have ONI deal with you, but, it has since been argued, and decided, that you be transferred to the care of Admiral Harrison and questioned there. I won't go into the details as to why this is, but, I will say that sooner or later, you will end up BACK in ONI custody, where you will be swiftly dealt with in a manner most befitting a traitor.

Burke then looked at Cameron, and nodded. Cameron then stepped forward, towards Jacob, and grabbed Jacob by the arm, and dragged him forward, leading him out of the holding cell, and into the corridor where Harrison, Ice, and Synder were waiting. Burke followed behind Cameron. Once Burke had stepped back into the corridor, he spoke to Harrison.

Burke: The sooner we can get this man off The King Raven, the better. If there is nothing to say, then I recommend we get underway.

Meanwhile:

Jennifer was in total shock of what Nighthawk had suggested. She was almost at a total loss for words.

Jennifer: How in the bloody hell are you hoping to do all of this? Like...this is TOTALLY out of left field.

Nighthawk: Honestly...I am not 100% sure how I am going to pull it off myself. However, if what HAWK says is true, then most of what I need is already on the planets surface. I will admit though, this is pretty new to me, and even I am not fully understanding how it is going to work yet.

Nighthawk paused.

Nighthawk: However, I do know why we need The King Raven's spare slip space core. The simple fact is, is that The King Raven's slip space core is capable of channeling much higher power levels than any conventional slip space core. In addition, the core's additional shielding makes it more resilient to extreme quantum stresses that are typically associated with the process of opening up a slip space rupture.

Nighthawk paused.

Nighthawk: I have yet to review HAWKs proposal in full, and I have yet to evaluate the technical feasibility of it. Regardless...I need a backup plan for Vanguard, The Trust, and The Covenant...and this plan seems to cover all of the bases thus far.

Jennifer sighed.

Jennifer: You are asking a lot...too much, in fact.

Jennifer paused.

Jennifer: I don't think I could live with myself if I enabled you to do this. There are still a lot of innocent people down on San Angeles. We are nowhere near finished the evacuations...

Jennifer paused.

Jennifer: You cannot just "destroy San Angeles"...you can't do that...

Nighthawk: Apparently...I can...

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Hells Sniper

Credits:

Jacob remained silent as he stared at Harrison, he knew that this was all Harrison's doing and he also knew Harrison was a dear friend, but this was something no one could forget. Harrison stared back at him, before nodding at Burke.

Harrison: Let's get moving.

Ice and Snyder both kept their hands on their sidearms as they took up positions in front of Jacob, on his left and right, with Harrison in the front, they walked back towards the exit and elevator.

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Naked Crook

Credits:

Burke took point, as he led the group back to the elevator. Once they had moved through the holding cells, and back to the elevator, Burke was the first to step inside. He was promptly followed by Harrison, Cameron, Ice, Snyder, and Jacob. Once the elevator was full, Burke reached over, and pressed the button that would bring them back to the hanger bay. As the elevator doors closed, and the elevator began to move, Burke spoke up.

Burke: Admiral...it should be noted that I am currently in the process of filing a full report to to one of my direct superiors on Midnight.

Burke paused.

Burke: It should also be noted that the superior officer, in question, is not known for her generosity or forgiveness. She is, actually, quite ruthless when it comes to matters of treason. I presume that she will be the FIRST person to show up the moment we make dry dock.

Burke paused.

Burke: Director Hand is...not a very nice woman. Well, she is nice woman, personally, but, she is, in a professional sense, very ruthless and very cut throat. After she hears about all of this, I would not be surprised if we are all ordered BACK to Midnight just so she can get her hands on Jacob. This is just an FYI...

Burke grinned.

Burke: Also...she out ranks you...so...you won't be able to pull rank with her, not on her turf.

Meanwhile:

Jennifer sighed, and shook her head.

Jennifer: Don't you hear yourself? I think you have been wearing that helmet for too long! You are ACTUALLY proposing to DESTROY a planet...

Jennifer paused.

Jennifer: For the love of God...you need to step back for a minute and look at what you are doing. Don't let an unfeeling AI dictate a course of action for you because some numbers look promising.

Nighthawk: Nothing would please me more than to find an alternative. However, without UNSC support, I no longer have the man-power necessary to fight The Covenant, The Trust, and Vanguard. I am also certain that Harrison is out for blood, and that I will also be butting heads with the UNSC in no time flat.

Nighthawk paused.

Nighthawk: I need to even the playing field. I need a trump card...and having the red button to destroy a planet is a pretty epic trump card.

Jennifer: No...it is a pretty evil trump card.

Nighthawk sighed.

Nighthawk: Jennifer, please...we are running out of time! I need that slip space core, and I need it now! I cannot debate this all day! Time is finite, and I need every second of it!

Jennifer remained silent.

Nighthawk: I know what I am doing is questionable...wrong even. However, I am doing it because...that is what I do; I make those hard choices. Please...let me do my job...

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Hells Sniper

Credits:

Harrison was behind Burke as he rolled his eyes.

Harrison: I wouldn't dare.

Old
Default 06-06-2015
Naked Crook

Credits:

Burke: That is typically a very wise position.

Burke stopped speaking, when the elevator stopped, and the doors opened. Cameron was the first to step off the elevator, as he grabbed Jacob by the arm, once more, and dragged him off the elevator. As everyone piled off the the elevator, Cameron took point, as he led everyone back to the hanger bay.

Burke: Well, Admiral...from here...Jacob is all yours. It is up to you if you want Cameron to return with you to ensure that this..."captured Trust operative" does not try and escape.

As Burke said the words "captured Trust operative" he glared at Jacob.

Meanwhile:

Jennifer was very uncertain if she should actually hand the slip space core over.

Jennifer: You know...Harrison is convinced that you were a terrorist. He stands by the assertion that you kill innocent people to achieve your goals.

Nighthawk: You know that's not true.

Jennifer: I thought that wasn't true. Now, I am not so sure.

Nighthawk: What are you saying?

Jennifer: I am saying that Harrison was very right about you. I refused to believe his claims that you were a terrorist, or a murderer. I believed that he was wrong because he didn't know you like I do. However, it seems he had you figured out, better than I did, it seems.

Jennifer paused.

Jennifer: You know...I honestly believed that you were a good man.,..a man of integrity. It seems I was wrong.

Jennifer paused. As she approached a nearby terminal that was located near the slip space core, as she began to prepare it to be ejected from the underside of the ship.

Jennifer: However, I am hoping that you will prove me right...but I am not counting on it.

The slip space core began to lower down into the ground, as it moved down the ejection shaft. Once the core was out of sight, the floor sealed up to form an air tight seal.

Jennifer: I am preparing to eject the slip space core. Do whatever the hell you want with it...

Nighthawk: Jennifer...

Jennifer scoffed, as she closed the comm line, cutting Nighthawk off. She finalized the ejection sequence, and hit the confirmation button to eject the spare slip space core from the underside of the ship.

Tags
brute, covenant, elite, games, halo, odst, oni, reach, role, role play, rpg, sangheili, unsc