The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Forum Games and Roleplaying > TNO Archives > RP Archives > Mass Effect RPG
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

Old Mass Effect RP Ideas
Default 02-22-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

Alright, it is no secret that we are going to start a Mass Effect RP. This thread is intended to gather all of our ideas together, sorta like a group effort thing. Feel free to post ideas here, so we can discuss, compromise, and build a final product.

This is what we have so far:
  • Full Alternate Universe
    • No Main Characters (Shepard, Garrus, Liara, Illusive Man, Harbinger, etc). All characters must be original and canon characters cannot be used:
    • Technology will be retained:
      • Guns, manufacturers, armor, ships, travel, etc.
      • Ship classifications, etc.
      • Mass Relays.
      • Biotics.
    • Species will be retained:
      • Turian, Quarian, Human, Krogan, Asari, etc.
      • Reapers exists, but cannot be used as as Reapers (Until MUCH later).
      • Collectors serve as the voice of a Reaper).
      • Geth are permissible for full use.
    • Locations all remain the same
      • Citadel, Earth, Palavan, etc.
    • History and Timeline just prior to the events of Mass Effect 1 are solid cannon and cannot be changed. All Events that take place from the start of Mass Effect 1 to the end of Mass Effect 3 are open to retcon in compliance with AU rules
    • Organizations
      • Cerberus
      • System's Alliance
        • N7
      • Geth Concensus
      • Turian Hierarchy
      • Asari Matriarchy
        • Asari Commandos
      • Mercs
        • The Shadowbroker
      • Salarian Union
        • STG
Feel free to add anything in the comments below.

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Orcaid123
Orcaid123 is new to TNO

Orcaid123 is "Use the force,
Harry." - Jean luc
Picard.

Achievements Three Red LightsDuetMan of the Year
User Title: TNO Peasant
Credits:

Hi.

As I were playing BF4/and looked at Rabbit's suggestion. I came up with an possible idea with one of the alien species (Turian, Asari, Quari, etc) could find a Prothean artifact which holds massive power(or so it could say in the possible rumors) And we all know how Cerberus is against alien species, and with the thought of aliens having a powerful artifact that could possibly be used against them could certainly be a fair reason to go at war(spread propaganda between humans about this rumor and make humies flock to cerberus) or a elite special team could go in?

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Credits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcaid123 View Post
Hi.

As I were playing BF4/and looked at Rabbit's suggestion. I came up with an possible idea with one of the alien species (Turian, Asari, Quari, etc) could find a Prothean artifact which holds massive power(or so it could say in the possible rumors) And we all know how Cerberus is against alien species, and with the thought of aliens having a powerful artifact that could possibly be used against them could certainly be a fair reason to go at war(spread propaganda between humans about this rumor and make humies flock to cerberus) or a elite special team could go in?
This could be a possibility. It would make more sense if the Turians or Quarians found it, as opposed to the Asari. It has been established that The Asari like to hog and hide Prothean technology.

The question would, would Cerberus be doing the right or the wrong thing by trying to "confiscate" this technology?

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Kairu
Kairu is a TNO userKairu is a TNO user

Kairu is Fuck

Achievements Union RepThree Red LightsAnnoying Protester
User Title: TNO Lover
Credits:

The overall plot, however, is still the same, right? The Reapers inevitably come while the Collectors are the "first" wave of sorts? I'm going out on a limb and say that Sovereign isn't exactly the emissary of the Reapers, however, it's likely there could be another or none at all?

Other things that I feel should be considered is how serious does everyone take the Reapers? Are they seriously discredited for lack of evidence or do some governments actually take the idea of them seriously? Would one Reaper come before everything else like in ME1, or would it change completely?

I like the idea of the Quarians discovering the tech. They're generally neutral in galactic affairs and it could help do that morality blur that I know I'm fond of when all of the angles are played right.

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

I like the idea of discrediting the Reapers. If everyone is prepping for The Reapers, then it is sorta anti-climactic. I would personally prefer if they were handled the same way here, as they were in the games.

We would need a Reaper to hang around and sorta pull the strings. With that said...I would love to put forward an idea that the Prothean technology found by these Quarians is actually a Reaper device and it is indoctrinating people. That could create a very interesting plot twist...much like Saren was indoctrinated.

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

So, like a Reaper Beacon?

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

Exactly.

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Kairu

Kairu is Fuck

Credits:

Sooooo the Quarians find a 'Reaper Beacon' and it starts indoctrinating the Migrant Fleet, or someone on their pilgrimage? Or both, found on the pilgrimage and then taken back to the Migrant Fleet where it starts indoctrinating others.

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Naked Crook

Credits:

I like the notion of finding it and bringing it back to the migrant fleet.

Old
Default 02-22-2014
Orcaid123
Orcaid123 is new to TNO

Orcaid123 is "Use the force,
Harry." - Jean luc
Picard.

Achievements Three Red LightsDuetMan of the Year
User Title: TNO Peasant
Credits:

So, we could maybe end up with indoctrined quarians? Taking over most of the floatin fleet, and ally up with the collectors? Could be a common threat for the Council and Cerberus. They could both engage, but at the same time engage eachother perhaps?

Tags
elite, games, rpg