The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum

Go Back   The New Order - Halo Role Playing Forum > Forum Games and Roleplaying > TNO Archives > RP Archives > New! Halo RPG Series
Community Quick Links Search Mark Forums Read New Posts Register

Old NHRPG Ideas
Exclamation 09-25-2010
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Naked Crook is going back in time

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

Alright...most people who are in the NHRPG...have at one point or another, come up with an idea for plot, character development, or anything else RPG related. You may have tried to implement this idea, or tried to pass the idea along to either Cuban or I, only to have it rejected.

To be fair...we don't reject ideas because we are control freaks. We reject them because they don't make sense, or don't flow with the current story or situation...or they are just totally impractical.

Cuban and I, when we plan the NHRPG, we go through HUNDREDS of ideas in any given week, and at times HUNDREDS a day. We both give our ideas to each other, and we viciously attack and critique each others ideas, not because we want to be pricks to each other, but because we want to have a solid idea and a solid plan if we introduce a new element to the story. We want to make sure that everything in the NHRPG has a solid foundation. There are times we even have to fix the mistakes caused by others posters and it takes us days of planning to do that.

So...I thought I would clear the air with little tidbit. At the same time...I want to introduce a thread for people to toss around plot and development ideas that Cuban and I can review. If we like the idea, we will build off of it, and make it an element in the story. If we like an idea, we will PM you and we can help you put it in motion. Ideas can involve ANY character...so long as the owned of that character agrees.

There are a few ground rules to this thread:
  1. Submitted ideas must not nullify the story. Ideas that put an end to any major conflicts (like the Human/Brute - Elite War) will be dismissed
  2. Character development ideas are always welcome...so long as it doesn't impact rule number 1 and so long as they are PRACTICAL.
  3. Weapon ideas are always welcome so long as it doesn't impact rule 1 and so long as they are PRACTICAL.
  4. Vehicle ideas are welcome so long as they are PRACTICAL. (See below for more information)
  5. Ideas can, in no way, endanger other characters, ships, or planets without the owner of said characters, ships, or planets agreeing.
So...when I say PRACTICAL...what do I mean?
  • It has to make sense. An amphibious vehicle is practical, as it has use. A Pelican with legs is NOT PRACTICAL.
  • A Weapon with an enhanced scope and extended barrel is practical. A Pistol with a barrel mounted grenade launcher on the bottom is NOT PRACTICAL
  • A Warthog with threads instead of tires is practical. A Warthog with two turrets is NOT PRACTICAL (Because the two gunners could end up shooting each other)
It's tiny details that determine if an Idea lives or dies. Remember this. the SMALLEST thing could make or break an idea.

Also...if you wanna plan a plot with other people in the RPG...you can do that here as well.

We wan't people to be involved and have fun with the NHRPG - by letting people follow their own (properly developed) plotlines...we can ensure everyone enjoys themselves.

Old
Default 09-25-2010
lynksys
lynksys is new to TNO

lynksys is kicking back and relaxing.
Sort of.

Achievements Three Red LightsRegistered VoterSomebody likes me
User Title: TNO Lover
Credits:

How about a couple of the crew from the C&D get stranded on an Insurrectionist astroid that has been infested with Flood?

Old
Default 09-25-2010
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Credits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynksys View Post
How about a couple of the crew from the C&D get stranded on an Insurrectionist astroid that has been infested with Flood?
Certainly an interesting idea. We have not talked about the flood in some time. DOes not necessarily need to be an asteroid, could be a planet.

Old
Default 09-25-2010
lynksys
lynksys is new to TNO

Sort of.

Credits:

A planet will work, but I would prefer that the planet be a rather small one. A large astroid would be ideal, because those would be hard to find in an astroid belt, which is ideal for insurrectionist hiding spots, and also a good place for the flood the escape elimination. And a smaller world helps add to the fear factor that the flood give. I'm always more comfortable fighting them in large, open grounds than in close, confined areas in the halo games.

Old
Default 09-25-2010
killer 2
killer 2 is new to TNO
This user has no status.

Achievements Registered VoterTrusted UserDuet
User Title: TNO Buff
Credits:

innsurection baes are generaly in asteroids to ovioud suspicion so asteroid would make more sense

Old
Default 09-25-2010
Millennial Antagonist
Millennial Antagonist is new to TNO

Millennial Antagonist is inside your DNA messing with
your molecules

Achievements Three Red LightsContactVoter Fraud
User Title: TNO Buff
Credits:

How bout we all die when pete wants to start a new one

Old
Default 09-25-2010
xstarbrite4evr
xstarbrite4evr is new to TNO

xstarbrite4evr is crying. I'm really crying
right now.

Achievements Registered VoterDuetMan of the Year
User Title: TNO Peasant
Credits:

Assault Rifles with an LMG Mod? It would have a bullpup style box magazine and a bipod where the undermount flashlight would be. Maybe 65 7.62 bullets per magazine.

Old
Default 09-25-2010
lynksys
lynksys is new to TNO

Sort of.

Credits:

Hmmm, I got an idea that builds onto the orriginal one.

Old
Default 09-25-2010
Naked Crook

Credits:

Whats your idea?

Old
Default 09-25-2010
lynksys
lynksys is new to TNO

Sort of.

Credits:

Stolt and Markovz are sent down with 2 week's worth of supplies and given 14 days to extract the governer, because the C&D could drop them off, go somewhere else, and come back to pick them up. While they're extracting the leader, they discover the flood after a few days and they request immidiate extraction, but the C&D is too far away to come get them, so instead a recon team is sent out. During the time it takes the recon team to come get them, Stolt and Markovz go dark to avoid detection. While the recon team get's to the astroid colonies's surface, they're shot down by insurrectionists, or flood, or mechanical problems causes the crash. But the recon team survives and continues to go on to find Stolt and Markovz, and they also encounter the flood. After the recon team is stranded a few days, they finally meet up with Stolt and Markovz.

Tags
brute, covenant, elite, games, halo, odst, oni, role play, rpg, unsc