View Single Post
Old
Default 07-21-2012
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

(Alright...I will get the ball rolling)

Cloak and Dagger II - Currently en-route to the Tempus Fugit system.

Director Vernette was in his lab. He he his sleeves rolled up, and his jacket was hanging on a chair on the other side of the room.

He had a coffee in his hand as he looked at the large holotank in the middle of the room.

Vernette: Hmmm...

The holotank had an image of a disassembled version of the Deserthawk. Vernette waved his left hand, as his right hand was holding his coffee, and the holo image spun around.

Vernette: No...that won't work...

Vernette took a sip of his coffee.

Cloak and Dagger: Director Vernette...the time is 0600...

Vernette: Hmm?

Cloak and Dagger: You asked to be alerted when it was 0600

Vernette: Oh right...thanks.

Cloak and Dagger: I am guessing by that response...that you are too busy to care...and want me to increment the notice by another 60 minutes?

Vernette: Yes...do that...

Cloak and Dagger: Notice set for 0700...

Vernette continued to look at the holotank.

Vernette: Cloak and Dagger...one more thing; take the current design assembly in the holotank and run a simulation for me. Do a stress test on the weapon...

Cloak and Dagger: Simulation in progress...

Vernette took another sip of his coffee.

Vernette: Also...play some light jazz...

Cloak and Dagger: Contemporary, new age, or classic?

Vernette: Something 23rd century...

The speakers in the room began to play some jazz music.

Vernette: Very good...

Vernette walked over to one of the various laptops in his lab and began to type. The screen contained information on the weapons that Jose Jose had designed. ONI had managed to capture several dozen of these weapons, and they were busy analyzing them.

Vernette: Interesting design. He sacrificed rate of fire and capacity for stopping power.

Vernette rubbed his chin.

Cloak and Dagger: Simulation...failed...

Vernette looked back at the holotank.

Vernette: Damn it...

Vernette sighed.

Vernette then heard the door chime to his lab. He looked at one of the large screens on the wall and saw it was Jennifer. He walked over to the lab door and unlocked it. Vernette opened the door.

Jennifer: I called you like...15 times...

Vernette: You did?

Jennifer: Yes I did...and if you would leave your headset on your EAR where it is supposed to be...Mr. Supposidly in charge of everything...you would have known I was calling you...

Vernette: Sorry...I have been busy...

Jennifer walked in. THe lab door closed and locked behind her.

Jennifer: On what?

Vernette: A few things. I have been fixing up my armor for one. That was in need of repairs, and I have only recently gotten around to it...

Vernette put his coffee down.

Vernette: Trying my hand at a new side arm...based off of the Deserthawk...cause I simply LOVE that gun...

Vernette paused.

Vernette: Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd...I have been reviewing some of the Insurrection equipment.

Jennifer: Busy man it seems.

Vernette: What have you been up to?

Jennifer: You mean...besides taking you last 18 duty shifts?

Vernette: Yeah...besides that...

Jennifer: Nothing much. We have been patrolling our territory, and following up on Trust activity...

Vernette: So...the basic stuff...

Jennifer: Ohhh...and we played cat and mouse with an Elite Corvette that was skimming around about 250 000 Km from our boarder for two days. They were just going back and forth. I don't even think they saw us under the Stealth System...

Vernette: Yeah...best not to provoke them...

Jennifer: I guess they had their feet in the water...checking to see how well defended we were...

Vernette: Well...let them look...I doubt they have sensors that can see that far into our territory anyway...

Jennifer walked around the lab. She walked over and picked up one of the guns on his desk. It was unloaded.

Jennifer: I should let you know that we are very close to Tempus Fugit. Banks is alreadying maneuvering us through the mine field...

Vernette: Thats good.

Jennifer: I spoke with Rodney...he isn't thrilled about leaving the Cloak and Dagger...

Vernette: Who would be?

Jennifer shrugged.

Jennifer walked further to the back of the lab. She saw an unfinished version of the Nighthawk BDU.

Jennifer: What is that?

Vernette: Hmm?

Vernette turned. He saw Jennifer looking at the unfinished BDU.

Vernette: That is the Mark III...it is not done...

Jennifer: Is that a new one?

Vernette: Yeah...kinda...

Jennifer: Kinda?

Vernette: It has energy shields. I have only recently figured out how to implement them. With totally unrestricted access to Covenant technology from the Brutes...you would be surprised what I can dream up. I have been working on it off and on...

Jennifer: Cool...

Jennifer sat down in one of the chairs in the lab.

Jennifer: You know...you should get out if this lab...like...honestly...

Vernette: What is there for me to do? I could hang out with people who are 80 IQ points below me...or how about I go and play pool in the bar and wow everyone as I use my killer math skills to make almost perfect shots...

Jennifer: How about...dinner...

Vernette: Dinner...I have not had that in a while...

Vernette looked at Jennifer.

Vernette: Right now?

Jennifer: No...right now would be breakfast. Besides...we will be arriving at Tempus Fugit in like...10 minutes. However...later on today...say...1900...

Vernette: Alright...1900 it is.

Jennifer: Alright...1900 it is. If you forget...and I find you here...or you bail on me because you have to go do Nighthawk crap...I will shoot you myself...

Vernette: How nice...

Jennifer laughed.

Jennifer: Also...you might want to tidy yourself up a bit. You have looked better...

Vernette nodded.

Vernette: Yes ma'am...