View Single Post
Old The NHRPG Celebrates Its 6th Year - Happy NHRPG Day
Default 06-03-2015
Naked Crook
Naked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNONaked Crook is well known to TNO

Achievements Three Red LightsMan of the PeopleRehab is Needed
User Title: TNO God
Credits:

The NHRPG is six years old today. It seems like only yesterday I posted a thread about it being five years old. In fact, if you look hard enough, you can find that very thread is still on Page 1 of the NHRPG section.

As is the tradition of every NHRPG day, I plan on revealing several things about my own upcoming work. As some of you know, I have been preemptively working on a sequel for the San Angeles story arc, which I have put in the form of my next STB. As always, I strive to do something neat for every STB I write, and this STB is packed with many new ideas, both in terms of execution, style, and characters.

The biggest idea that sets my next STB apart is the fact that it will incorporate characters that do not creatively belong to me. After some careful planning and coordination with some of you guys, I am happy to say that this idea is proving to not only enrich the story, but also enrich the continuity. The idea to have one central story with multiple characters from multiple sources has greatly enhanced the story telling potential that resides in this STB.

With that said, I have been wrestling with the prospect of revealing the most closely guarded secret of my STB; the identity of The Consultant's new compatriot - her equal - the person who works with her throughout the entire STB to cause no shortage of trouble for ONI, The UNSC, Nighthawk and Anaconda, and even The Trust. Up until the point, I have held this character in all but the strictest confidence, with only a single hint as to who and what he is. However, I feel that now is the time to give it away.

I could post a character sheet...but...I think I can do a little better then that. Please enjoy this complimentary excerpt from my STB - which somewhat explains just who The Consultant has recruited as her partner in crime. AT the very least, the curtain is pulled back JUST a bit...just enough to know who he is, and where he comes from.

Pending final revisions...not a final product...

STB Breaking Point

I hope that gives you guys a pretty good idea of which two characters are eventually going to square off against one another. I hope you enjoyed the read. Feel free to offer some critique if you see fit to do so.

And, of course...

Happy NHRPG Day...